JOINING FORCES FOR A STRONGER AMSTELVEEN
Burgerbelangen Amstelveen (bbA) was founded in May 1993, by a.o. Linda Roos as a local (Amstelveen) political party.
Ever since, bbA has been the independent political voice of the Amstelveen community – unaffiliated with national parties. Inherent in its name, Burgerbelangen Amstelveen focuses on its main goal: standing up for the interests (belangen) of Amstelveen and its citizens (burgers).
During the twenty-five years of membership of the Amstelveen city council and eight years of participation in the municipal board of Major & Aldermen, Burgerbelangen Amstelveen has proven to be a very stable, reliable, constant and positive factor in the Amstelveen community.
By being independent of any national political party’s programme, bbA can completely focus on local needs, much more than any other party.
Burgerbelangen Amstelveen concentrates its’ efforts on:
– A sustainable Amstelveen, with good housing and living conditions for all of its citizens
– A public transport network of excellent quality and available to everyone
– Excellent sport facilities
– A varied cultural programme and last but not least
– Protection of historical buildings, parks and other cultural heritage.
The main focus areas of Burgerbelangen Amstelveen are:
- Remaining independent of national parties with emphasis on the local needs and wishes of the citizens of Amstelveen
- Conserving and improving the special character of Amstelveen as a historical settlement
- Creating a pleasant living environment, with a good balance between the private needs of the citizens and the necessary development of local economic activities of the region as a whole.
- Working towards a sustainable future for people, environment and nature
- Investing in sports, cultural activities and the economic development of Amstelveen
- Active participation by an experienced, well-informed citizen team with various backgrounds in Amstelveen politics offering their knowledge and skills in the interest of the Amstelveen community.